Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
Get started with Helpdesk+ by adding the bot to your team in Slack.
Add to Slack
- Add the HelpDesk+ bot to Slack
- Click Allow in Slack to add HelpDesk+ to your workspace.
You may find that you are not able to add new apps to Slack based on your companies permissions settings in Slack. This setting is based on your Slack configuration - read about these settings within Slack here.
Suggestions for app approval
- Submit the request from within Slack (*if available for your team)
- Ask your Slack workspace owner to review HelpDesk+ and approve for your workspace.
- Share our security documentation and request our SOC-II or HIPAA reports.
- Book a meeting with us to discuss your needs
- Check out our reviews and share with your Slack admin.