Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Updated by Shannon Vincent-Brown
What to know:
- Administrators are globally defined per bot
- Users can request access to join the administrator list.
- Go to https://account.nextup.ai (or your custom URL if self hosted)
- Go to Security under Workspace
- Enable the Restrict Account Access toggle.
- Select the users who can manage channel configurations. Don't forgot to add yourself (if applicable).
- Save settings.
Requesting Administrator Access
- User attempts to login to your account at https://account.nextup.ai
- The system tells the user that access is restricted and allows them to request access.
- The user clicks to request access.
- The access request is confirmed.
Approving access requests in Slack
- A user requests access to your administrators group.
- Your current administrators receive a message in Slack
- The administrators click the allow button to allow access.
- The requestor is notified in Slack.
New users added via this process will be visible in the administration list for administrators.