Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
Automatically creating a support request for each message in a channel is one way to make the process incredibly easy for your users.
What to know
- Auto-create generates a support request for each message send to specific channels
- The request type is configured in the channel settings
- The request type used must have only one required field.
- The configuration screen will automatically check for compatibility when you select the desired issue type
- This configuration is at the channel level and different channels can have different configurations.
Example with Auto-Create enabled
Enable auto-create to automatically create an issue for each message sent to your support channel.
- Click the Configure button - OR - type /helpdesk configure
- Choose a single request type
- Click the checkbox next to Auto Create
- Save the settings.