Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
HelpDesk+ makes it easy for everyone on your team to get the support they need.
What to know
- Users can connect to existing accounts or create new accounts
- The users slack email is used to find a matching Atlassian user
- Atlassian users can be licensed Jira users or Jira Service Management customers
- Login to Slack
- Navigate to the Apps section
- Click on the HelpDesk app
How it works
- The users slack email is compared to the users in Jira and Jira Service Management
- If a match is found the user is asked to confirm their account
- If no match is found the user can create a new account
- Users can search for a different email address if needed
Existing Jira User or Jira Service Desk Customer
If an existing account is found matching the email address the user is prompted to confirm their account to proceed.
No Match Found (New Customer)
If no JSD or Jira account is found matching the email address the user can create a new account or search based on a different email address.
After the user clicks the button Submit a new customer account is registered and connected to the user in Slack. This user can now submit requests via Slack.