Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
Administrator Access Permissions
HelpdDesk+ Account Settings
Configuring knowledge-base integrations
Configure Jira Create Fields in Slack
Customer Satisfaction Feedback (CSAT) in Slack
Admin Account Overview
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Knowledge-base Ticket Deferment
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Custom Auto Responses
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Managing Unsupported Plugins by Blocking Issue Creation
Slash Commands - /helpdesk
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
Atlassian Marketplace Billing
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
Make threads private when discussing sensitive information.
What to know:
- You can use the 🔒 emoji to create a private thread that is related to a Service Desk issue.
- Making a thread private will create a new direct message thread that will sync to the original issue.
- no longer sync to the issue and cannot be undone.
Making a thread private
- When in a thread associated to a Service Desk issue, select the 🔒 icon.
- In the pop-up screen confirming the change to private select Yes, go private.
- The original thread will no longer sync to the issue, and the user will get a message from the bot in the HelpDesk App. The user can now message the bot directly and the new thread will sync to the issue.