Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
Administrator Access Permissions
HelpdDesk+ Account Settings
Configuring knowledge-base integrations
Configure Jira Create Fields in Slack
Customer Satisfaction Feedback (CSAT) in Slack
Admin Account Overview
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Knowledge-base Ticket Deferment
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Custom Auto Responses
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Managing Unsupported Plugins by Blocking Issue Creation
Slash Commands - /helpdesk
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
Atlassian Marketplace Billing
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
Configuring your bot to alert your teams when requests are created is a critical part of reducing response times and noise in your environment.
What to know
- Service desks and request types can be mapped to different channels in Slack.
- Configure to let your agents know when different types of requests are created
- Best practice is to send different types of requests to different channels based on priority, back-end need, etc.
- You can configure globally in the admin area or inside Slack via channel configuration.
Configure request mapping in the Admin area.
- Login to your account.
- Go to settings under HelpDesk+
- Scroll down to the Slack Channel Mappings section.
- Click Add Configuration to add a new mapping.
Configure request mapping in Slack
- Invite the bot to your channel with @helpdesk
- Choose Agent channel type OR If existing channel - type /helpdesk configure
- Choose your ticket types - choose one or more request types or all types from one or more service desks.
- Click Submit