Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Updated by Brian Mohr
HelpDesk+ can add emoji's to requests to quickly indicate progress.
What to know
- Emojis are added to Slack messages to alert of request creation, assignment, and closure.
- Both support and agent channels support emoji notifications.
- Emojis are added to the original Slack request message.
- This setting is enabled by default
Configure your channels
- Configure agent or support channel
- Click the settings button
- Check/uncheck the setting labeled Allow bot to place emojis on message from which a ticket was created
How it works
- 🎫 indicates the request was created for the Slack message
- 👀 indicates the request has been assigned to an agent
- ✅ indicates that the request has been closed