Table of Contents
Configuring knowledge-base integrations
Updated by Brian Mohr
Configure your HelpDesk+ bot to integration with your preferred knowledge-base. This allows for ticket avoidance and/or rapid ticket resolution by allowing your users to find documented answers easily.
What to know
- Ticket deferment allows end-users the ability to find documented answers and avoid ticket creation or resolve tickets immediately.
- Knowledge-base integration is currently configured globally. We are working to expand filtering and configuration options
- HelpDesk+ supports knowledge-base integrations with the following services:
Knowledge-base self service support
How to configure integration support
Confluence and HelpDocs.io knowledge-base services utilize custom domain names and require URL configuration. Other services are based on a single base domain name and are not customizable
- Navigate to your account portal.
- Click the Integrations setting under HelpDesk+.
- Ensure that the Add integrations for Helpdesk control is enabled.
- Select your preferred integration from the drop down.
- If applicable, enter the base url for your knowledge-base service.
- Click the Test integration URL button to perform a basic search and confirm the integration working.
- Click the Save Settings button.
Advanced Confluence configuration
The following covers configuring confluence filters to generate a specific integration URL. The same method can be applied to other integrations that support filters in the URL.
- Navigate to Confluence.
- Open advanced search.
- Configure and apply relevant filters.
- Enter sample text in your search.
- Update the generated Confluence URL so that
&text=is the last value in the URL. Also remove the search value
- Copy that full URL as your Custom integration URL and save in your HelpDesk+ account portal integration settings.