Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
Valid SSL certificates form a foundation of secure connectivity between our systems and your Jira instance.
What to know
- We validate your SSL certificate automatically
- Self-signed certificates cannot be verified and therefor are not trusted by our system
- We use a plugin for Node.js that handles the validation for our system.
Learn more about how SSL certifications are verified here.
What do to if you have a self-signed certificate
If you use a self-signed certificate with your Jira instance and would like to use our services you have a few different options.
- Migrate to a public certificate - we recommend Let's Encrypt if you are looking for a free option. Here is a tutorial on how to get it set up with Jira.
- Connect without SSL - we DO NOT recommend connecting this way for production instances but in some cases sandbox or pre-production instances can be connected without SSL.
- Explore our enterprise option to self-host our software.