Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
Administrator Access Permissions
HelpdDesk+ Account Settings
Configuring knowledge-base integrations
Configure Jira Create Fields in Slack
Customer Satisfaction Feedback (CSAT) in Slack
Admin Account Overview
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Knowledge-base Ticket Deferment
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Custom Auto Responses
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Managing Unsupported Plugins by Blocking Issue Creation
Slash Commands - /helpdesk
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
Atlassian Marketplace Billing
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
Connecting to Jira behind the firewall is fully supported with HelpDesk+ and whatever set up you have there is a solution available for you.
What to know
- If you CAN whitelist our IP addresses on your firewall you can use HelpDesk+ in the cloud
- If you CAN'T whitelist you can self-host via docker with our enterprise edition solution.
When you whitelist our static IP address you are allowing API calls from our systems in AWS to connect to your Jira instance.
- All communication is API based over HTTPS / SSL (encrypted)
- We use OAuth to secure our API calls
- All Jira permissions are respected automatically
- We host with AWS in the East region by default but also offer localized hosting options.
Our secure cloud solution has been evaluated and confirmed to be SOC-II Type 2 and HIPAA compliant - learn more about our security.
Self-Hosting via Docker
If you can't whitelist and utilize our solution in the cloud you may be a good fit for our enterprise edition and docker container. This option is available as an add-on to our enterprise subscription plans.
- Our software is in a docker container we help you install and configure internally
- A master software agreement (MSA) is required to protect our IP in the docker container
- No data is ever sent to HelpDesk+ and all support is done remotely
Please set up a meeting with us to discuss our enterprise edition solutions.