Admin Set-up and Global Configurations
Admin Account Configurations
How to use
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Support Channel Settings
Configuring Support Channels
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Off Hours Support
Agent Channel Settings
Updating issues / transitions / resolution
Create a new request
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Custom Auto Responses
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Configuring Shared Channels
Slash Commands - /helpdesk
Can I Schedule a Demo?
Understand user types
Add to channels
Adding to channel
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How do I report on the number of issues created from Slack?
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
Using HelpDesk+ in shared channels in Slack is a great way to support your customers.
Adding to shared channels
- Navigate to the shared channel you want to use to support users
- Type @helpdesk
- Hit Enter
- Click the button Add to Channel
Configure Request Types for shared channel
- Locate the message Helpdesk+ has been added to this channel.
- Click the Configure button.
- Choose your ticket types - choose one or more request types or all types from one or more service desks.
- Click Submit
Using Organizations for grouping users
- Go to the Organizations section and choose an organization for this customer.
- Click Submit