Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
Welcoming users to your support channels in Slack is a great way to help users understand how to best interact with your team.
What to know
- Welcome message sent to each user who joins the configured channel
- Message can be customized to share company policies, best practice, etc
- Users will get a Create button in the welcome message to easily create an issue
Example Welcome Message
Welcome Message Configuration
- Click the Configure button - OR - type /helpdesk configure
- Click the Settings button under Advanced
- Click the Configure button under the Welcome Message heading
- Add your custom message
- Save the settings.
Formatting welcome messages with markdown
The text area used to add custom welcome messages accepts markdown formatting.
These basic visual styles are very simple to use:
_italic_will produce italicized text
*bold*will produce bold text