Table of Contents
Updated by Nick Cron
Configuring your bot to alert your teams when requests are created is a critical part of reducing response times and noise in your environment.
What to know
- Service desks and request types can be mapped to different channels in Slack.
- Configure to let your agents know when different types of requests are created
- Best practice is to send different types of requests to different channels based on priority, back-end need, etc.
- You can configure globally in the admin area or inside Slack via channel configuration.
Configure request mapping in the Admin area.
- Login to your account.
- Go to settings under HelpDesk+
- Scroll down to the Slack Channel Mappings section.
- Click Add Configuration to add a new mapping.
Configure request mapping in Slack
- Invite the bot to your channel with @helpdesk
- Choose Agent channel type OR If existing channel - type /helpdesk configure
- Choose your ticket types - choose one or more request types or all types from one or more service desks.
- Click Submit