Can I Schedule a Demo?
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Understand user types
Create a new request
Add to channels
Installation & Setup
Configuring Support Channels
Installation and Set up
Adding HelpDesk+ to Slack
Connect to Jira
Configuring Agent Channels
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Setup a Jira service account
Connecting to your Jira or JSM project(s)
Adding to channel
Setting up Slack channel mapping
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Customer Satisfaction Feedback (CSAT) in Slack
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
Can you update your bot name or icon?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Updated by Brian Mohr
Connect with JIRA
After the connection with Slack is established you will now create an Application Link connection with JIRA. This is JIRAs version of the same process that you likely just completed in Slack. The application will generate dynamic data for your connection and will guide you through the setup process.
- First, enter the full URL/address of your Jira instance.
- Next, allow the HelpDesk+ bot access to your Jira instance.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to setup your application link
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP - Save your connection data in the Nextup account portal. This saves your dynamic data and completes the connection.
- Then, select one or more Jira Service Desk (or Jira software) from the drop down control.
- Then, choose your agent notification channel.