Can I Schedule a Demo?
Connecting your Jira and Slack accounts
Understand user types
Create a new request
Add to channels
Installation & Setup
Configuring Support Channels
Installation and Set up
Adding HelpDesk+ to Slack
Connect to Jira
Configuring Agent Channels
Creating a support request
Auto resolve common issues
Public vs private threads
Approving other people's requests
Mapping Emojis in channels for quick create
Automatically create a request for each message
Automatically remind users to create requests
Welcoming users to support channels
Configure mapping between request types and channels
Off Hours Support
Setup a Jira service account
Connecting to your Jira or JSM project(s)
Adding to channel
Setting up Slack channel mapping
Emoji Request Status Configuration
Customer Satisfaction Feedback (CSAT) in Slack
How to connect if Jira is behind a firewall
What is the Nextup/HelpDesk+ static IP address
How to find your bot ID?
How to resolve a SSL certificate issue
How do I change the name of the HelpDesk+ bot?
Understanding Jira user/agent permissions
Is my data secure and protected?
What ticketing systems are supported?
Table of Contents
Updated by Brian Mohr
Get started with Helpdesk+ by adding the bot to your team in Slack.
Add to Slack
- Add the HelpDesk+ bot to Slack
- Click Allow in Slack to add HelpDesk+ to your workspace.
You may find that you are not able to add new apps to Slack based on your companies permissions settings in Slack. This setting is based on your Slack configuration - read about these settings within Slack here.
Suggestions for app approval
- Submit the request from within Slack (*if available for your team)
- Ask your Slack workspace owner to review HelpDesk+ and approve for your workspace.
- Share our security documentation and request our SOC-II or HIPAA reports.
- Book a meeting with us to discuss your needs
- Check out our reviews and share with your Slack admin.